From German brewing and more
Here is a simple Cynmar oder list for equipment you will find useful for yeast culturing. I don't have any affiliation with Cynmar, I just found their prices very competitive and they have just about anything you'll need. This list was put together in 2009 and the exact titles of the items may have changed.
- ERLENMEYER FLASK, BEST VALUE, 500ml, 6/PK. They only sell them as a 6 pack. Split the order with other brewers or keep them for yourself. They are good to have around.
- PYREX® HEAVY DUTY ERLENMEYER FLASK, 2000ml
- GLASS PETRI DISH, 75x17mm,10/PK, you may want to pick up more than one pack
- CLEAR GLASS VIALS w/AUTOCLAVABLE CAP, 12ml 12/PK, you may want to pick up more than one pack
- TEST TUBE BRUSH, WHITE NYLON, 3"BRUSH, 8" TOTAL
- NICHROME INOCULATING LOOP, 25 GAUGE WIRE, 8" TOT LENGTH
- NICHROME INOCULATING NEEDLE,25 GAUGE WIRE, 8"TOT LENGTH
- DEHYDRATED AGAR POWDER, 30g, you can also try finding agar in a health food store for cheaper
- GLASS ALCOHOL LAMP w/CAP, 4oz, or use a propane torch or a gas stove
- LOW PROFILE MAGNETIC STIRRER, 130-1800rpm, you can also build your own, check eBay or other sources.
- STIRRING BAR w/CENTER RING,TEFLON COATED,1 5/8 x 5/16"
Next: Making Plates and Slants